Monday, January 1, 2024

Lamentations 3:22-24

Lamentations 3:22-24 

  Happy New Year!  I pray God's blessings on the year to come, that we may each grow in knowledge and love of the Lord.  It has always stuck with me that the primary sin that most of us need to repent of is that we love God too little.  I think that's certainly true for myself -- I tend to love other things that are easier for my hands and mind to grasp, and so I chase those, rather than pursuing a life-giving relationship with my Creator and Sustainer.  My hope and prayer for this year is that we take seriously the invitation to cast ourselves onto Jesus and let him guide us, lead us, love us, heal us.  We need it.  I need it.  You need it.  
  In the year to come, may God's mercies renew us each morning, and may we recognize that God is truly all we need.  May that peace and knowledge sustain us.

No comments: