Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Proverbs 1:20-22

Proverbs 1:20-22 

  I think we subscribe to four streaming services, although I lose count.  I don't watch them very often, but there's a couple good shows on them that I'll always think twice about canceling them, especially if I'm looking for something distracting to do while I'm on the treadmill and need to not think about how much work I'm doing not to go anywhere.  Each streaming service offers an endless list of distractions.  
  Wisdom, Scripture tells us, cries aloud, but it's a noisy world, and there's a long list of things that are vying for our attention.  Many of these things are easier than trying to grow in wisdom.  Everything Netflix offers is less work than studying Scripture.  And there's nothing wrong with watching Netflix every now and again -- but if that's the primary usage in our free time, Scripture will tell us that we're missing out.  We're missing the chance to grow in knowledge.  
  So let us make sure that we create enough space and stillness in our lives for Wisdom to speak.  God is calling to us, urging us to grow.  If we forever deafen ourselves by filling our ears with entertainment, we'll miss what God has to say.

No comments: