Monday, April 22, 2024

Psalm 17:6-7

Psalm 17:6-7 

  If you were in trouble, who would you consider it within your right to be able to call for help?  
  If you were in another country, you could call on the embassy or ambassador, and as an American citizen, you'd expect the leaders to provide assistance to your case.  If you had trouble at work, your boss ought to be able to be relied upon to help you out.  Parents or family members are often relied upon when you need help.  Members of a congregation ought to do what they can to help one another.
  When I stop and think about it, I haven't done nearly enough in my life to deserve to be able to call upon the creator of the universe when I am in distress.  How does one appropriately honor the one who dresses Saturn with its rings?  Have I really lived like I owe everything to the God who designed both the sun and a T-Rex?  Do I pour out gratitude with every waking breath?  Or do I get so concerned with my reputation that I think I'm the center of the universe?
  And yet, despite my shortcomings, I am able to call upon God in my distress, and God hears my cry and comes to my aid.  
  Such love is beyond what I can imagine, and yet it is real, pouring into my heart in every moment.
  May we take some time to fully appreciate such miracles today.

No comments: