Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday Morning

Lord,
Prepare me for this day that awaits.

Calm my mind so that my thoughts will be centered on you, and in the midst of turmoil and strife I will take refuge from the storms in your abiding love.

Open my heart so that the love you have shown in Jesus Christ will overwhelm me and inspire me to love more deeply than I have thought imaginable.

Open my eyes in the hopes that I will see this world as you see it, filled with people needing love and help.

Open my mouth that my lips shall declare your praise and speak words that bring honor to your holy name.

Fill my soul with your Spirit that I may not doubt your abiding presence.

Guide my feet that I may not wander far from the path but rather make my home in your love and not stray from it.

Make me a window to the cross, that all who peer at me may see not myself but your son, Jesus Christ.

Amen

No comments: