Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tuesday Morning

Lord,
It wasn't easy to drag myself out of bed this morning. I held onto the last bit of sleep, hoping against hope that there would be another hour there somewhere. I wanted to close myself off to the world in the hopes that it would delay this new day.
Now that I am awake, remind me of the path you have placed before my feet. Open my eyes so that I may see the world as you see it. Open my heart so that I might love as freely as you do. Open my mind that I may meditate upon your Word.
You are the author of all of life, the redeemer of all creation. You speak, and the world is transformed.
Speak to my heart, Lord, that I may follow your voice, discarding all the competing voices from the world. Forgive my sinful heart, and set my vision upon your will in my life.
Amen

No comments: