Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Peanut Butter? Really?



Hmmmm.... Interesting day today. First a coupon for the Creation Museum in Petersburg, KY ends up in my possession. Then I see a video 'proving' that evolution is not real because there is no life inside peanut butter jars.

Speaking of peanut butter, did you know you can buy peanut butter with honey already mixed in? Quite possibly one of the greatest ideas in a long time. Regular peanut butter now seems so plain.

But I digress. Some individuals seem to be focusing so much on trying to prove exactly how life began. I have no idea exactly how everything played out. I believe, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that God is sovereign, and that no life can be created without his power. But as to how and when and how long--I have no earthly idea. I will freely admit I am ignorant, and I will continue to read the Bible and be amazed by what God did. I have some questions about evolution (Assuming that things don't evolve all at once, but rather cell by cell, then how is half of an eyeball considered evolutionarily advantageous? And how does the eyeball become connected to something else?? The list goes on), but it just doesn't really matter. If we could focus our energies and money on serving the lost and the lonely, the poor and the homeless, I think we would be proclaiming God far more effectively.

No comments: