Monday, September 19, 2011

Visit to the Doctor

  Believe it or not, Rachel and I made it in and out of the doctor's office in under an hour today!  Combined with a session meeting yesterday lasting 55 minutes, I feel like I'm on a roll!

  While there, the doctor said Olivander isn't that close to arriving, as far as she can tell.  He's still at minus 3, which means he has quite a bit farther to descend before making his grand entrance into the world.  It's so strange to think it could be another 3 or 4 weeks before Olivander shows up, especially since Rachel and I are so geared up for this to happen any moment.

  We know that the womb is the best place to be right now, but holding him in my arms right now seems like a close second.  I know that it will be soon, and I am trying to treasure the serenity of the house, but knowing that in a few weeks we'll welcome my son into the world is just too exciting.  We like to think he's excited, too, since he's kicking the daylights out of Rachel's ribs, but perhaps he's merely expressing his disappointment as the Reds' season comes to a close.  I'm disappointed, too, but trying to avoid kicking anything.

No comments: