Friday, August 10, 2012

What a gift!


  I'm just so grateful for his wondrous love, for the grace that pours down from the cross, from the blood that drips down and transforms me so that I am white as snow. Not because of anything I've done, not because I deserve it... but because he is gracious, kind and patient. What a gift—I deserve damnation to the deepest pit of hell, and yet my sin is destroyed, crushed by love upon the cross, and instead of damnation I receive the opportunity to exalt the Lord my God in the highest realms of heaven. If it were only for the briefest of moments, that would be enough, more than this sinner deserves or could dream of, and yet God, in his eternal grace and mercy, extends that favor for eternity because of his love and grace. It's all a gift, a wondrous and incredible gift, and if words could describe the song my soul sings I would place them here, but the praise songs for God my King go beyond words, beyond what the mind can express, for my very heart cries out in joy to my Lord. I do not get what I deserve, but by his kindness and love I receive grace and mercy.

No comments: