Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Psalm 89:19-26

Psalm 89:19-26
Common English Bible (CEB) 

  Lately, I haven't been able to go to the gym very often.  Schedules have shifted quite a bit, and if I'm not in class or at work, I've got my nose buried in a book or in a screen, trying to keep up with school.  I get out running whenever I can, but I'm not getting any stronger.
  It's easy to think of strengthening ourselves.  We can exercise to strengthen our bodies, we can learn to strengthen our minds, we can study our own life and those around us to strengthen our spirits, and these things help.
  Yet, ultimately the only strength that matters is the strength that comes from above.  Ultimately, the resolve that will guide us through the tests that await can only come from God, and God willingly and freely pours that out upon us.
 
  In response, may we cry out, with our words and actions, 'My father, my God, the rock of my salvation"

No comments: