Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Psalm 93

Psalm 93 
American Standard Version (ASV)

  This morning I put on my clothes.  They are chosen to suit me as well as the environment in which I will live today.  I wouldn't wear something that wasn't appropriate.  The clothes reflect my identity.
  The Lord is clothed with majesty.  Always, forever, majesty emanates from his throne.  He is clothed with strength, with power that is part of who he is.  God is strength and majesty--it is who he is, and we worship him for it.  God doesn't choose to be strong or majestic one day or another--it is his core identity, and we need to remember to worship God for who he is rather than what he has or has not done for me lately.
  When we focus on whether or not God has answered our prayers in the ways we see fit, we lose track of God's identity as strong and majestic.

May we remember that God is ever faithful, ever kind, ever loving, ever desiring to bring you back into his grace and peace and joy

No comments: