Thursday, February 26, 2015

Psalm 119:169-176

Psalm 119:169-176
English Standard Version (ESV)

  Here I am, a lost sheep, alone in the wilderness.  Here, I have some choices.
  I can weep in despair, terrified that I have lost my way, that I have run from the shepherd, and I can choose to live my life in fear of all the threatening things in the world that surround me, some of which I know and can see, many others of which I cannot see or even comprehend.
  Or, I can go on in ignorance, believing that I know best and that my shepherd was not guiding me toward good places.  In this state, I may end up lost and in danger, but I won't realize it until it's too late.
  My other choice is to cry out to the shepherd, trusting that he will come running, that he will restore me to good places, that he loves me enough to be near, to watch over, to provide, and to welcome me back.

May we cry out to God

No comments: