Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Psalm 119:41-48

Psalm 119:41-48
English Standard Version (ESV)

  I like to think I'm a pretty resourceful guy.  I can come up with solutions to all sorts of problems.  Throughout my life, I've been able to work my way through a number of challenges.  I've had a lot of help, but I have also dug deep when necessary.
  However, to think that I can devise a solution to the evil in the world is folly.  I know that I am not capable of fully defeating the temptations that try and turn me from God.  I give in, time and time again, for my own human strength is not enough.
  But God's steadfast love draws us through.  God gives us the necessary strength to endure, to stay faithful, to remain close to him, and trusting in him will see us through each and every challenge.  We may not always come out exactly like we had imagined, but if we cling to God he will walk with us through every valley and help us keep our eyes fixed on the goal of the life to come.

May we answer our enemies out of the steadfast love we have been given

No comments: