Friday, August 14, 2015

A Prayer for Friday, August 14

Holy God,
 I rejoice in your suffering.
  It's hard, Lord, because it was love that brought you to the cross, and it was love that held you to it.  I weep for what my sin did to you, and I mourn the division it has caused.  My own selfishness drove to you commit such an act of suffering.
  And yet, Lord, in that suffering, because of that suffering, there is hope for me, for all of humanity.  Through the cross and the tomb there is life, and it is abundant and hopeful and wonderful, and it is all possible because you were willing to suffer.
  So I ask for forgiveness, Lord, and the wisdom to be a better man, that I might not sin against you.  I also give thanks that you are a gracious God, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, and I rejoice in the life that you brought through death.

Amen

No comments: