Monday, August 31, 2015

Romans 7:13-20

Romans 7:13-20
English Standard Version (ESV)

  I can't tell you how many times I walk through the kitchen, not hungry at all, and grab something to eat.  It happens all the time.  I'm not alone on this, right?  I don't need to eat... I just have some ingrained habit that leads me into the kitchen and teaches me to eat things.  It's frustrating.
  This is how sin works in us.  It's part of who we are.  It's not even something we consciously think about - we just sin because we are sinful.  I've promised God I'll stop countless times, but the sin within me overpowers my will and leads me back into sin.  I'm not willfully disobedient... I'm just sinful.
  The good news is that this isn't the end of the story.  Jesus Christ has the last word on our fate, and it is for life!  Rejoice, fellow sinner, in the hope we have through the pain of the cross and the joy of the empty tomb!

No comments: