Monday, November 14, 2016

1 John 1:1-4

1 John 1:1-4
Contemporary English Version (CEV)

  Ever since we moved, our basement has been a mess.  So many things ended up down there, many of them the kids' toys, most of which they forgot they owned as they moved on to something else.  Caleb spent the summer absorbed in sidewalk chalk, so he wasn't thinking of some of his toys that were in boxes in the basement.  I was cleaning down there Saturday and had pulled out a particular toy, and when he came downstairs he just started yelling 'Yes' because he was so excited to see this toy.  It made my day to know I had brought him such joy.
  In this letter, the author is telling us that sharing the Good News of the Gospel, the life-giving Word, brings them true happiness.  They love sharing all that God has done, and it brings them joy knowing that others are growing in their knowledge of Christ.
  How can we share the Gospel?  Does it bring us this kind of joy?  How do we love?  I don't know the best ways to share the Gospel in today's culture, but I do know that I want the Gospel of Christ to bring such joy to my heart that I can find true happiness in knowing that others are hearing and receiving the Good News.

No comments: