Tuesday, November 22, 2016

1 John 2:26-29

1 John 2:26-29
Contemporary English Version (CEV)

  For a time, I thought I could read my way into deeper faith -- it became a quest, to think that if I just knew a little bit more, then my faith would really grow.  It's easier that way, because it's safer -- it's more academic.
  Now, I'm certainly not one to decry the importance of learning and knowledge.  I believe it is critically important to be informed and knowledgeable.  But faith can't stay there.  Faith can't remain an academic exercise that you think about.  It needs to be your first love, the thing that makes you grow emotionally as well as intellectually.  It should be something that drives you, that is at work deep within you, pulling you back to God.  Faith should be active and at work, a heart-level love that also motivates you to learn as much as possible.
  In seeking Christ, we do so with all of our hearts, all our minds and all our bodies.  In short, we dedicate ourselves to the work and love of God.

No comments: