Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Matthew 11:1-6

Matthew 11:1-6 
English Standard Version (ESV)

  There are so many times that I simply want a straight answer, an easy answer, a yes or no answer.  I think I may have something figured out, but rather than close the loop, I want someone to tell me the right answer.  While the request to figure it out for myself often makes me better in the long run, it's frustrating in the short term, as all I want is a straight answer.
  Jesus is concerned about our long-term development.  This means that we may not get too many easy answers in the short-term, but that we'll grow over the long-term.  We'll mature into the faithful disciples he wants us to be, through the challenge of daily discipleship.  Rather than give us the direct and easy answers we crave, he tells us to look around and see what God is doing -- the evidence of his Lordship is all around us.  Christ is King, and the world is shouting this, but sometimes, it's hard to see in the midst of everything else going on in life.  Jesus is helping us to open our eyes to see through all the distractions, and he's calling us to see how God is at work, that we might see and believe, and all the while invite others to see that he is Lord of all.

No comments: