Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Galatians 2:15-16

Galatians 2:15-16 
English Standard Version (ESV)

  Whenever I work on my resume, I try to put the most meaningful things I have done on there, highlighting my personal involvement in these actions.  I want the reader to come away with the impression of a hard-working employee who is committed to the task at hand.  I want them to think that I'm someone I can trust to do the right thing.
  When it comes to faith, it's not about what we've done or what stands out on our resume.  It's all about faith in Christ Jesus -- no matter how perfect our live may have been up to this point, it's not good enough to get us into heaven.  Only the love and grace and mercy of Jesus Christ can do that.  So we come before Christ with humility, trusting him to lead us closer to God than we could ever have made it based on our own works.

No comments: