Friday, October 26, 2018

Psalm 119:25-32

Psalm 119:25-32 
English Standard Version (ESV)

 Have you ever gotten out of bed in the morning only to turn around and crawl right back in?  Sometimes I'll wake up on Wednesday morning and spend the first thirty minutes wishing that it was Friday.  Every once in a while, I'll spend the evening wondering if I should call in sick the next day, even if I don't feel sick.  Am I the only one?
  If we live according to how we feel, we're on a constant roller coaster ride.  We're up one day, down the next, constantly buffeted by the joys and struggles of life.  I've had a number of struggles lately -- and it's all I can do some days to keep my head above water.  At times, my soul melts away for sorrow.  If I judged how I was doing based on how I felt, I'd be pretty down.
  If, however, I look to the constant and steady presence of God, my temptation to be depressed is relieved, for God is a faithful servant to those whom God loves.  God chooses to be for us, and the eternal love and mercy of Almighty God is poured into your life.  No matter what your past and present look like, your future is safe and secure because it is with God.  If you define yourselves and define your feelings based on being judged worthy because you are covered in Christ, then that's a different approach, right?  Things are better, right?  Your eternal future is safe in the hands of God because you have been deemed worthy to stand in eternal light due to the sacrifice of Christ.  That should make you feel great!!!  You've won a lottery that makes two billion dollars look paltry -- you have eternal life in Christ!!!!!  Nothing can ever separate you from God's love!!!!!!
  So cling to God's Word, and let the voice of life lead you forward!

No comments: