Friday, February 21, 2020

Colossians 1:24-29

Colossians 1:24-29 
English Standard Version (ESV)

 Now I am definitely not rejoicing in my sufferings, and my flesh is pursuing leisure and comfort, with just enough Jesus to help me sleep better at night or feel better about my anxieties, but I really do it for my own sake, not the church's.  The mystery has been hidden for ages and generations, and I sure hope I find it, because then I'd become known all over the world and get a lot of likes on Instagram.  To them, God chose to make known the riches of the glory of his mystery, but it's enough to focus on feelings, right?
  In so many ways, we live that out, rather than the eternal wisdom from Paul in Colossians.  In so many ways, we take this global mystery that echoes through the generations and make it about us.  But God still is at work, converting our hearts, calling us deeper into ministry, revealing to us the fullness of God's love and peace. 
  There is much that is wrong about the world, and we can focus on that if we like.  I choose to look for what God is doing, to pray for revival here in this time and place, and to lose myself in the presence of the eternal God whose riches far exceed anything we can imagine this side of heaven.

No comments: