Monday, March 30, 2020

Psalm 23:3

Psalm 23 
English Standard Version (ESV)

  Do you ever scrape yourself and not realize it until a few minutes later, when you suddenly notice that you're bleeding?  Every once in a while I'll be working on something and suddenly notice blood from a cut on my finger or arm -- and I realize that I didn't know when I cut myself. 
  I think our souls are like that -- we're rushing from place to place, from event to event, that we don't even notice how drained we are.  Every now and again we collapse from fatigue, but we've become so accustomed to running close to empty that we're barely aware of how weary we are.
  Fortunately, we have a Savior who looks out for us, who knows our every need, who loves us so completely that we are restored before we can even think of the words to ask.  We have a God who comes to us, who heals and restores and redeems us, offering us grace upon grace before we can form the words or even realize how wounded we are. 
  Our salvation doesn't start with us -- it starts with what God has done, and it is given to us as a gift.  May we, the wounded and restored, receive what God has to give with grateful hearts.

No comments: