Thursday, May 27, 2021

Isaiah 53:7-9

Isaiah 53:7-9 
English Standard Version 

  If I'm wrongfully accused of something, I will shout in my own defense to anyone who will listen.  I'd want my name to be cleared, my reputation restored to its rightful condition.  I would do everything imaginable to clear my name.
  Here we have Jesus, wrongfully accused, and yet he goes silently.  Such is the depth of his love, that Christ isn't seeking to clear his own name, because he knows that any attempt to clear his own name might endanger his mission, which is to save us.  
  Would you allow yourself to be convicted to save someone else?  
  Christ did it willingly, even to save those who hated him, because with love, there is always a chance, always a way, that love will break through.  Christ paid the price that he paid to give us life in the midst of death, and there was no other way, so he went silently, like a sheep before its shearers.
  And Isaiah wrote about all of this centuries before Christ lived.  Isn't that amazing?  It reads as though it was penned afterwards, and yet it was in advance that this was all written, because Christ has always been the plan to deliver God's people.  God has been at work throughout human history to redeem us, and we are saved, we are freed, as those who are blessed by God's great plan.

No comments: