Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Isaiah 54:9-10

Isaiah 54:9-10
English Standard Version 

  I often use the phrase "it's not the end of the world if...", meaning that whatever I'm talking about probably isn't of cosmic importance.  There are other phrases we use, sometimes wondering if something is a sign of the end times, often in jest.  
  It's hard for us to fathom, but someday, it will be the end of the world.  I don't know what that will look like, and I suspect I won't be around to see it, but the mountains will depart and the hills will be removed, among other things.  Everything we know, everything we see, will fade away.  At that time, God's love will not depart from you, and the compassion of God will still dwell with you.  
  When all else is gone, God will love you still.  When nothing else remains, there will be love, and more than you can imagine.
  What will you do today to share that love with someone else?

No comments: