Thursday, June 10, 2021

Isaiah 55:10-11

Isaiah 55:10-11 
English Standard Version 

  At work, I send a lot of emails.  A lot of emails... sometimes I wonder if my job description shouldn't be 'sending emails'.  I'm sure I could improve in my efficiency or delivery, but when I send one, it's because I have a purpose for each one -- I want to share information or am requesting information.  I want something to happen when I send an email.  
  If I send emails with purpose, how much more does God send forth God's Word with purpose?  We see the ways God's Word impacts the world in the very act of creation -- it is spoken word that has creative power in the nothingness that exists before creation.  When God speaks, God does so with purpose, transforming the world or someone's life as a result.  When we think of Jesus as the Word made flesh, Jesus came to earth with a specific purpose, to accomplish the redemption of humankind, and that purpose will be accomplished, because God's purpose is not denied.
  So when we read God's word, may we always think about the purpose behind it, and what God is trying to accomplish.  How is God trying to change you?  How is God trying to change the world?  And have you considered that God's Word has claimed you and named you as God's own forever?  God's Word has accomplished that, and God's Word will not be denied.

No comments: