Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Daniel 3:8-12

Daniel 3:8-12 English Standard Version 

  I think it was St. Augustine that talked about how our hearts have disordered loves -- we love the wrong things too much and the right things too little.  If we made a list of the things we really thought about, we dreamed about, we pursued, and we did so with complete self-honesty, we'd discover that things are a bit out of order on that list.
  What I so appreciate about this story is that Shadrach and friends lived in such a way that everyone knew they weren't worshipping this false god.  It was clear what they loved most of all, and others were jealous of that.  
  I'd love to live in this way -- where everyone knew my priorities, whether they liked it or not, and my priorities were in line with what they should be!  May we all strive for such lives, and may we get a little bit closer, day by day!

No comments: