Tuesday, September 6, 2022

John 6:60-65

John 6:60-65 
English Standard Version 

  I know I've said it a million times, but the Bible is so relatable, right?  Can you picture yourself standing in a field, surrounded by people desiring to follow Jesus, trying to track with everything he's saying, and then getting to the point where you look at one another and say, 'this is tough.'  
  I can relate to that.  Someone once said that it's not the parts of the Bible they don't understand that concern them, it's the parts of the Bible they do understand that worry them.  I often get to the end of a passage and look around with concern... either for lack of understanding or a worry that I do understand it but simply won't be able to fulfill it!  
  Therefore, what is my hope?  What is your hope?  How are we going to figure this out?
  Have I got great news for us!!
  The flesh is of no help at all (thanks for pointing that out, Jesus!).  It's the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit alone, that gives life.  
  Thanks be to God that it's not on us to figure it all out.  We strive for holiness, but it's the Spirit that animates us, that leads us into life.  

No comments: