Friday, June 30, 2023

Philippians 2:25-30

Philippians 2:25-30 

  We all have to choose what we'll live for.  Many people don't make the choice -- they drift through life, never intentionally making a choice, but choosing every day, all the same.  As Christians, we're called to pick up our cross daily, to die to ourselves daily, and to live for Christ.  It's hard to choose this daily... and yet Scripture tells us that this is exactly the route that ultimately leads us into life.
  Sometimes, I try and wrap my mind around all of this, and I get a little lost.  Some days, I get a lot lost.  It doesn't make sense that I need to die so that I can live.  But then I look at the direction the world is headed, and I wonder about making choices that the world tells me make sense.  Maybe the world is where it is wrong, and the Holy Spirit is nudging me back towards life the way it was meant to be lived, back towards faithfulness, back towards design.
  May we learn how to trust, as hard as that can be, and to rest in Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, who invites us to die every day, that we might live.

No comments: