Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Philippians 3:8-11

Philippians 3:8-11 

  If I have a prayer for each of us, it's captured here in this passage -- that we value Christ so highly that everything else in this world pales in comparison.  It's not looking at ourselves for anything, but looking to Christ for everything, for in this, we stop worrying about ourselves and if we're good enough, and we simply accept the peace and power that comes through faith in Christ.  
  May we know this power, for in knowing this, we no longer fear death, for we have confidence in the resurrection.
  That's my prayer for you and for myself.  May we know this better, and love Christ more.  I heard once in a sermon that we should all repent for not loving Christ enough, and I think that's right... we don't love Christ as we ought.  So may the knowledge of God bring surpassing peace into your life, today and every day.

No comments: