Monday, January 5, 2009

2009

Everlasting Lord,
You alone know the answer to the mysteries of the worlds you have created. Across the sky you have written tales of beauty and power, and yet I cannot read them. In the grass you have woven a story of love and joy, but I do not know how to translate it. In my heart you have installed a song of joy, but I often do not bother to hear it. Fill me with your presence, make me so aware of your Spirit within me, around me, that I better realize that while I may never understand, I am called to stand in awe and humble adoration at all that you have done, all you have promised, and all you are. From the crow of the rooster in the morning, to the last rays of the sun in the evening, to the gentle presence of the stars at night, may I see the world around me as a testimonial to your grace and goodness; your presence with us. Thank you.
Amen.

No comments: