Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dawn

Dear Lord,
In these precious moments before the sunrise, remind me of the peace and order of your creation. I cling to the darkness, the chaos and disorder that was present before you spoke over the waters. In some ways it is as though I am still waiting for creation, for I am unable to understand how you have transformed me through the blood of Christ. I am still clinging to petty things, like greed and selfishness, when you have given such richer things for us to enjoy. Give me the strength and the courage to accept your love and to go through this day remembering your eternal and spotless love, love that ordered this world and claimed me as your own. To all whom I meet, may I offer a reflection of your love, your goodness and your mercy. May I who has been forgiven freely offer forgiveness and love to others, doing all things in your holy name.
Amen.

No comments: