Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday

Great Lord--
Praise you for the gift of today. Today we celebrate the gifts and dreams of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. He gave his life in working towards the future, in speaking his dreams, in hoping for a brighter tomorrow. He sought to live out your will for the equality of all people.
Grant me the same vision you gave him. Empower me to live boldly, to step forward in faith, to speak my mind about the people you are calling us to be today, here and now. Put your words upon my lips so that when I speak, I may speak boldly about you. Pour your Spirit into my heart so that my thoughts and dreams may draw me closer to you, nearer to your vision, closer to your Kingdom. Replace my selfishness and greed with selflessness and generosity, so that I might give to others just as I have been given to. May I have courage and strength to be a humble disciple of Jesus Christ, a follower of our Crucified and Risen Lord.
Amen.

No comments: