Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday

Gracious, Loving and Merciful God,
Thank you for my slow creep from the covers of bed. You have given me rest and now you send me forward, into this beautiful world, refreshed and ready to serve you. Now I merely to set aside my sinful and selfish ways and allow your desire to fill me, your vision to guide me, and your love to support me. I only need to lay down my old habits, my brokenness and my laziness, and allow myself to be caught up in a passionate embrace of this world and all you are doing in it. I merely need life in you to be the center of my desire.
These are big things that I ask of you, our big God. Work in my heart, mind and soul, so that day by day I draw closer to you, so that my will is turned over to you, and I acquire the patience to allow you to work day by day rather than all at once. The Ark wasn't built in a day; you didn't even create the entire world in a day. Surely my soul will take more than a day to be completely turned over to you.
I love you.
Amen.

No comments: