Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday

Great God,
As I begin to creep into the future you have set before me, remind me of the past that is behind me. You never abandoned me, not for one second. You sustained me in the darkest hours and laughed with me through my greatest joys. Your tears have colored my grief-drenched vision and it is your arms that kept me upright when nothing else could have done the same. Do not let me now, in this place, forget all you have done and selfishly believe I am capable of sustaining my own journey. Remind me that you are not merely a pit stop for refueling once a week but you are the life within my veins and the peace within my heart. My only true joy can be found in you, and when I open my eyes with wonder it is because you are there. Thank you, O Lord, for the laughter in my heart and the love in my life.
Amen.

Psalm 96:1-2
O sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth. Sing to the LORD, bless his name; tell of his salvation from day to day.

No comments: