Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday

God of my every waking hour,
Teach me to love you. I am under the delusion that I have managed to find my way to you on my own. I seem to have myself fooled that I know how to worship and glorify you. I often foolishly believe that, left to my own devices, I would choose to live for you.
Break down my defenses, my weak and human pride. Mold me into something new, something beautiful, something wonderful, living for you. I have been beautifully and wonderfully made by you; may this fact linger in the air around me like a sweet perfume, reminding me of your grace and glory, pointing to you, always. I am not so strong, not so smart, not so faithful. I am a leaf, blown by the prevailing winds. You are the rock I need beneath my feet, the Spirit within my heart and the vision guiding me. Be thou my Lord, each day of my life, so nothing is lost, and I love you always.
Amen.

No comments: