Friday, May 1, 2009

TGIF

Holy God,
I have watched as you have changed lives. I have listened as they told their stories about pain and suffering, darkness and struggles, and yet they can say that Christ was their, somewhere in the midst of all of that. I have heard stories about jail, and about prisons of drugs, walls constructed of lies by the Devil. I have heard you in these stories, for just as you have promised, there, in the darkness, you were there.
Convert my heart, O Lord, so that there is nothing but faith left in me. Mark out the selfishness and the greed, the lies and the wandering. Cleanse me, O Lord, and transform my life, so that I am white as snow, and my actions point to this truth. May I be filled with you, O God, and point to your eternal grace and goodness in all I do. May your power to change be true in my life so that all I do is offered to you in thanksgiving and praise.
I love you.
Amen.

No comments: