Thursday, November 16, 2017

Revelation 2:18-29

Revelation 2:18-29
English Standard Version (ESV)

  As a parent, I'm not always great about praising my children.  I'm usually quick to criticize, but it's much harder for me to give them the praise they often deserve.  I'm trying, and I think I'm doing better, but there's still a long way to go. 
  God notices what we do.  That's an important thing to remember -- it matters how we choose to live.  So often, we act like much of our lives don't matter.  We compartmentalize our lives, and the ones that fall outside of the 'church' part are ignored, or we think that God doesn't care.  God notices.  God cares.  It's important how we live, both inside the church building and when we go out into the world as the church.  We should choose carefully, paying attention to our words and deeds in each and every situation.  We have a constant opportunity to proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom by holding fast to joy and hope, pointing to love and extending grace.  God is paying attention -- this need not strike fear in our hearts, for God has proven himself to be merciful and patient, but it should encourage us to lead lives that would be praised.

No comments: