Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Revelation 2:8-11

Revelation 2:8-11
English Standard Version (ESV) 

  I've run a few 5ks, and that last 0.1 is always fascinating.  I'm usually exhausted, and that last mile has taken twice as long as the first one.  My sides feel like they're going to explode and my legs ache, but knowing that the finish line is near stirs up something within me that allows me to push forward, usually much faster, and finish strong.  (I then collapse, but hey -- I finished!)  Once we know the end of the race is near, we can push forward.  The hardest part is in the middle, when the rush of starting has faded and the finish feels a long way away. 
  In those times, when we're in the middle of the struggle, the church needs to gather around one another and remind each other of the crown of life.  When relationships are strained and finances are tight and cancer knocks at the door, we gather together and remember the promised crown of life -- while we will have tribulation for a little while, if we are faithful to death, we receive a prize far greater than what we could imagine  We will conquer because He has conquered!!! 
  So press on, and remember your brothers and sisters in the race with you.  Encourage one another, and do not forget about the crown of life that awaits!!

No comments: