Friday, January 30, 2009

TGIF

Lord,
You know my thoughts. This terrifies me sometimes, but I believe that you are a God of endless compassion and grace, and I believe that you know my longing to be faithful. I feel like Paul, wanting to serve you but constantly diverted by my own sin. Loving and Gracious God, remind me of my redemption. Help me remember the precious blood of Jesus Christ that lingers still, after all these years, washing away the blemishes I am working so hard to create. Show me your mercy, grace and glory, so that I might look through the cross and see the empty tomb, the risen Christ, and have hope for myself, hope for all of humanity, for I recognize your power and love and know that you are calling, you continue to call, each one of us to bow before your holy and powerful throne so that we might worship, for we have been created to worship you, our King.
Amen.

No comments: