Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thursday Morning

Eternal God--
Open my eyes in the world today. May the spectrum of beauty sweep before me and leave me in awe of the beauty of your creation. May I be filled with joy at the thought of your nearness as I go about my business today. May my thoughts center upon you and your mission in this world.
Lord you were so involved with the life of the Hebrew people. Your hand moved in their lives and they found water in the desert, freedom from slavery, a path through the sea. Help me see how you move in my life today. Grant me the vision to see and understand how you are still present today, still moving and working so that I might draw closer to you. Give me the wisdom to see where you are and the courage to proclaim that truth to those unable to see.
We are responsible for one another. May I have the ability to reach out to my brothers and sisters and offer them a tender word of grace and a simple act of love.
Amen.

No comments: