Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thursday Morning

Great Lord--
As the morning fog covers the dim landscape, some dense cloud drifts upon my heart as well. My mind is filled with thoughts of you, and yet it seems that so often I cannot find them. I cannot direct my feet to discover my efforts to serve you, and I become lost within the fog, dashing wildly to try and find my way and only running farther from your will for my life. Teach me to be patient, to sit and wait, to discern your will. Teach me to hope for new days, new efforts, new life in you, rather than despair where things have gone poorly. Teach me your truth, that I may not be led astray by things in this world that resemble you, for you alone are God, and I desire nothing more than to bow before your glorious throne.
Amen.

No comments: