Thursday, April 7, 2011

4/7/2011

Good morning, God.

  I feel renewed by a good night's sleep.  I rarely think about sleep, but I know that you hold me in the palm of your hand all night, and I awake only because of your grace.  It is easy for me to forget that, to believe that waking in the morning is routine, rather than a miraculous miracle of your sustaining hand.  Thank you.

  One miracle down, many more to come.  I pray, Lord, for the city of Chattanooga this morning.  I pray that the wind of your Spirit might sweep down from the ridges and work in the hearts and minds of those crying out in need.  I pray for the poor and the lonely, for the down-hearted and those who have been trod upon.  Be present in their hearts in palpable ways, and show the churches how we might be present with you.

  For the meek and the timid, I pray for courage.
  For the strong and courageous, I pray for wisdom.
  For the troubled and weary, I pray for peace.
  For the certain and wise, I pray for humility.
  For the churches, I pray for passion.
  For the unchurched, I pray for faithful friends and witnesses with integrity.
 
  I lift all these things up to you, knowing that we are in your hands, before your eyes, held tight within your heart.  Thank you.

Amen

No comments: