Monday, April 4, 2011

Lemons

  They say that when life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade.  What about when life gives you a baby that's the size of a lemonade?  What then, life?  Where is your dietary wisdom now?

  Week 14 sees baby continuing to grow--it's now approximately 3.4 inches long, weighing in at a whopping 1.5 oz.  The baby can now squint and grimace along with the rest of the world, expressing its displeasure with Dusty Baker's managerial tinkering.  It can suck its thumb and is now covered with lanugo, a fine, downy hair growing all over the baby.  (Yes, I think that's disgusting.  If it is cold, we'll turn the heat up.  No need to grow hair all over the body.  I'm not sure how I'll react if Rachel gives birth to a Yeti.)  And, of course, the baby can pee, opening up a whole new range of questions about where it goes.

  It's amazing to think that there are still six months to go...  I'm so excited about it already, it seems like it will be so long until the baby actually arrives.  (I know, I know--it will be here before I know it)  An entire baseball season will pass before the baby shows up, although hopefully I'll have a reason to be interested in the playoffs.  A life's journey has already begun, and is growing and growing, and I am thrilled about being a part of that journey, for all the precious moments, and I await with wonder as life moves forward in this miraculous stage.

No comments: