Friday, August 26, 2011

34.5 weeks!!!!!

  Do you know what's awesome?

  Other than a 6-4-3 double play, cold beer on hot days and finding out that Shooter is on late night tv?

  Getting ready to have a baby.

  Rachel and I have been practicing her breathing.

  She's been hard at work in the nursery.

  And I'm like a little kid at Christmas who knows he's about to get everything he asked for and can barely wait for the hours to tick by and Christmas morning to arrive.

  Genghis will be here before we know it, and I'm almost certain that there will be times when I'm half asleep at 3 AM staring at the crying baby thinking about how peaceful it was when he was in the womb, but it's just all so very exciting.

  I did want to pass along some pictures of the nursery.  Much gratitude goes to Beth, Rachel's sister, for her work on the border and the rainbow.  It looks great and brings a lot of color to the room.  We've been overwhelmed by the generosity of others in the baby showers, and feel completely humbled.  I sometimes catch myself staring at some of the things and imagining little Genghis playing with them...

  What marvelous adventures await us!



No comments: