Wednesday, February 15, 2012

2/15/2012

All-powerful God,

  I come before you this morning laden with sin.  I have chosen to pursue comfort rather than discipleship, and for that I beg forgiveness.  I come laden with sin, and yet you are filled with grace, with mercy, with forgiveness, with restoration.

  I pray that you might restore me to a humble walk with you, a walk filled with the light of the Holy Spirit to guide my feet, filled with the grace of Christ to help me see the world the way you see it, filled with your conviction that I might live out the Gospel in all I do.  I am often uncertain of where best to place my feet next, but you are with me, my comfort and my guide, and I pray that I might bow before your holy throne, aware of how great and powerful you are, that I might empty myself to be filled by you.  May I be a disciple today, and in so doing, may I point to you.

Amen

No comments: