Friday, February 17, 2012

2/17/2012

Holy God,

  You are perfect.  In every way, you are perfect.  You love perfect.  Your grace is perfect.  You are wondrous beyond my imagination.  What you create is good.  Your forgiveness is powerful.  Your Son's death and resurrection conquers sin and death.

  I wonder, Lord, why you extend grace to me.  Why you offer me everlasting life.  Why you forgive and invite me to dwell with you when I am so beneath you.

  And this makes me wonder at you even more.  You are incredible--you invite humans into eternal life out of your love and grace, out of a deeper well of generosity than I can even imagine.

  Thank you.  I hope this day I can live in such a way that demonstrates my thanks to you.

Amen


Also, two semi-interesting things for your morning reading:

One is an article by David Brooks which puts faith and athletic achievement in contrast.

The other is a page about Chattanooga developing its own font.  Unique.

No comments: