Thursday, February 16, 2012

2/16/2012

Gracious Lord,

  Here I am, for one more day.  I know not what this day will hold, or what opportunities will arise.  I do know that I have a sinful heart, and yet I long for each and every beat to be offered up to you.  You sustain me by your righteous hand, and I pray that my response will be a grateful life lived for you and you alone.  As I wander into the depths of this day, keep me faithful, that all I do may be done for your glory--that I will seek out love and the chance to revel in your abundant joy, that I will be gracious to friends and foes alike, that I will turn from sin and temptation.  Keep me strong by your Holy Spirit, that I may come to the end of the day and know that I have lived for you.  Thank you for the generous gift of another day of life, and may it be a pleasing offering to you.

Amen

No comments: