Thursday, June 5, 2014

Psalm 50:12-23

Psalm 50:12-23
The Voice (VOICE)

  12 I would not come to you if I were hungry, for the world and all it contains are Mine. 13 Do you really think I eat bull meat? Or drink goat’s blood? 14 Set out a sacrifice I can accept: your thankfulness. Be true to your word to the Most High. 15 When you are in trouble, call for Me. I will come and rescue you, and you will honor Me.”
  16 But to those acting against Him, God says, “Who do you think you are? Listing off My laws, acting as if your life is in alignment with My ways? 17 For it’s clear that you despise My guidance; you throw My wise words over your shoulder. 18 You play with thieves, spend your time with adulterers.
  19 Evil runs out of your mouth; your tongue is wrapped in deceit. 20 You sit back and gossip about your brother; you slander your mother’s son. 21 While you did these things, I kept silent; somehow you got the idea that I was like you. But now My silence ends, and I am going to indict you. I’ll state the charge against you clearly, face-to-face.
   22 All you who have forgotten Me, your God, should think about what I have said, or I will tear you apart and leave no one to save you. 23 Set out a sacrifice I can accept: your thankfulness. Do this, and you will honor Me. Those who straighten up their lives will know the saving grace of God.”

********************

 It's been surprisingly easy to teach Caleb to say 'thank you'.  We've emphasized it from the start, and Rachel and I have tried to be aware to say it more often, but he knows it is the right thing to say.  We have to remind him often, but we want him to be grateful.
  Now I need to remember to be grateful to God.

  It's not that I am not thankful.  It's just that I get so caught up that I forgot what the big picture is.  I forget what it's all about.  I forget that I haven't done any of this on my own.

  God made me.  He made the world, and everything good in my life is a gift from him.  Even those things that look like I did them on my own--he gave me the ability and opportunity to do them.  None of this has been on my own account.

  Remembering this is hard work, but it also makes me all the more amazed at God.  What a generous God we serve and worship, and the more I recognize this, the more eager I am to worship him with all I am, for he is so good to us.

May you be grateful today

No comments: