Thursday, August 28, 2014

Psalm 75

Psalm 75
English Standard Version (ESV)

  I can't make sense of a lot of the stuff going on in the world.  I don't understand the violence sweeping across Syria and Iraq, the rockets launching back and forth between Gaza and Israel, the virus sweeping across Africa.  Some of it is purely tragic, while much of it is attributable to the evil that lurks in the hearts and minds of humans.
  Through it all, though, I trust that God is indeed keeping the pillars of the earth steady, no matter how badly we may bash ourselves into them.  Through it all, I will choose to praise God, trusting that one day, I will understand all of this.  Through it all, I will let his name be praised on my lips, and I believe that evil will one day be no more, and all that will remain is God, and God alone.

May you focus on God today

No comments: