Friday, July 10, 2015

A Prayer for Friday, July 10

Holy God,
  Cover me once more in your grace.
  You have blanketed me from above, pouring out your love and mercy on me, although I did not deserve it.  In my ignorance I was asleep in sin, walking through life unaware of your calling, failing to recognize the truth of the abundant life in you.  You woke me up, though, pulling the shroud from my eyes and freeing me for the purpose of living in your grace.  You pulled me forth from the tomb, and when I emerged into life and your light I was blinded, and I was afraid, for I am unworthy of your love.  I am impure, but you are perfect.
  Forgive me, Lord, and cover me in your grace, for I keep running back to the filth and death of the tomb and the pleasures it promises.  I don't realize that death lingers there, and I fail to understand the truth of your promises.  You are life, and in you there is no darkness, but I am so confused by my earthly desires and the sin that lingers in me.  Forgive me, Lord, and steer me into life, and cover me in your grace, that I may want nothing but you, and you alone.

Amen

No comments: