Thursday, July 9, 2015

Ephesians 6:1-4

Ephesians 6:1-4
English Standard Version (ESV)

  Kids aren't exactly the best at obedience.  At times, we have to be... slightly more emphatic as to our wishes, in the hopes of leading them down a good path as well as teaching them to be obedient.  It's a long, slow process.
  But we teach our children, at least we try, and in the meantime, I'm trying to learn obedience.  I was a pretty good kid, but I chafe at obeying God, because I want to lead my own life, to pursue my own interests and pleasures, without worrying about the limitations God puts on my life.  I do this because I am shortsighted -- I don't recognize that my own desires will lead to destruction, while the things God wants for me will lead me to abundance.  I don't see how God is trying to fill my life with joy and peace -- instead, I only see limitations, and I don't see them as good for me.  I only see limits.
  So obedience is hard, but it's best practiced daily, and fortunately, we have a God who is patient and kind, always willing to let us learn, always ready to give us another try.  So may we endeavor to follow wherever God may lead, and may we trust that his will for us is good.

No comments: